7 tips for buying retro bar stools
Household trends are changing and people are starting to revert back to the way things were. People are now trying to create a “retro” look in their homes and some are starting with the installation of retro bar stools. Kitchen styles are now going back to the 70’s, 60’s and even the 50’s. However, buying a retro bar stool is not as easy as it sounds. There are things that should be kept in mind when going retro.
- Time Period: It is important to know the time period that you would like to use to decorate your kitchen or outdoor area. Each time period is marked with considerable changes in the bar stool itself and if you are going to do something you should do it right.
- Colour: When we see bar stools from the 50’s and 60’s we often see a red vinyl cushioned seat. If you are looking for something else, you are in luck. The retro look can still be created using a different colour seat other than red. It is important however, not to go overboard in the colour as you need to ensure that it is still a colour that would have been possible during the time period of your choice.
- Legs: Retro bar stools are not limited to metal or steels frames as we often see in movies and on television. In fact, if you research carefully you will find that during the 70’s bar stools were being created with wooden legs instead of metal or steel.
- Do your research: Since retro stools may be hard to find it is always a good idea to find the stools that you want to use before completely decorating your home. It would be horrible to find that after re-decorating that you cannot find the type of bar stool that you need to match.
- Custom made: If you having trouble finding a company that will supply you with the bar stool that you need, consider having the stool custom made. This is a perfect way to ensure that you are getting exactly what you need and want.
- Mix it up: When we think of the 60’s and 70’s we think of vibrant colours. The use of colour in your home can really brighten up a room while still making it look elegant and fresh. To do this you can use a variety of colours when choosing the colour of the seat on your bar stool. Use your imagination and create a wonderful colour palette that everyone will enjoy.
- Uniqueness: Creating a retro theme in your home is not something that everyone does and therefore you must do it right and be creative. A retro theme is something that you can go overboard with but if planned and researched carefully you can make it look perfect. Researching is key to find the most unique and unusual bar stools on the market today.