There’s a reason why you want this chair – it’s likely to be the same reason that won it the title of “Product of the Year” at the International Interior Design Awards in 2000. The LEM stool has uncluttered clean lines and is always eye-catching in any environment. Making use of that eye-catching design is probably the most important aspect in decorating the area where you intend using it.
• A modern home bar is the focal point of a room and will add that extra something to your living space. It will add interest and functionality to your basement, den, family room or a corner of your living room.
• Decide how you want to use your home bar. If it is just a place to mix drinks before serving them to guests seated in another part of the room, the LEM Stools will not be the main practical item. Set them in pairs on either side of the bar counter and they draw attention to the bar but still allow easy access to the counter for mixing drinks.
• Matched with a modern bar counter that complement these stool’s unique design, the result is an eye-catching conversation piece everyone will want to gather around. Set the chairs at an angle to the bar front and you’ll see how your guests are drawn in to touch and explore them.
• Use your walls. Try strong and bright colors on your walls – a shocking red or light yellow is a perfect contrast for the black and chrome finish of the furniture and will make the home bar stand out.
• Change the adjustable height of the stools to match the height of a kitchen counter, island or gathering table to improve the room’s appearance in addition to enhancing your lifestyle. Well placed bar stools will add depth and focus, converting a serving area into a focal point that draws the eye into the space in a pleasing way.
• If you do not have a kitchen island or a breakfast bar, but you have a dining room, practical way to increase the versatility and functionality of your living space is to turn an unused corner of your kitchen into handy eating area or a place to gather with family and friends. Choose a counter-height table in a style and color to match those of the LEM stools. Space is hard to come by in apartments and or smaller homes – having an extra eating area is always useful for holiday celebrations or any occasion when guest numbers are higher than normal.
Designed by the Japanese brothers , Shin and Tomoko Azumi, the LEM Piston Stool won “Product of the Year” at the International Interior Design Awards in 2000. The design is modern and imaginative and incorporates futuristic design in a stool which is surprisingly comfortable. Of all furniture, chairs and stools are most prone to stains and marks and can lose their new look quickly. Taking care of your LEM stool is quick and uncomplicated – but there are a few must-knows for the process.
The stainless steel piston and base. Few furniture pieces make use of stainless steel – chrome plated steel is far more common as it is less expensive and practical to work with. If your base is stainless steel, you’ve hit the jackpot. It is a durable and easy metal to work with and clean. Stainless steel is known to be a clean surface that resists corrosion and rust. For dirt, dust and grime put stainless steel at risk for corrosion and rust.
Luckily, stainless steel responds well to cleaning and never wears out from excessive cleaning. • Scuff marks from shoes and polish. These are the most often encountered blemishes on the frames of bar chairs. For the surface wipe it with a cloth or sponge dipped in warm sudsy water added with a few drops of ammonia. Rinse well with clear water and wipe dry. • Minor marks and routine cleaning. The least risky option for regular cleaning of stainless steel is to use clean warm water and a soft cloth. Dry with a towel or cloth to prevent water spots. Wipe in the directions of the polish lines. A great option to clean stainless steel use microfiber cleaning cloths. • Fingerprints and smudges. These are one of the biggest complaints about stainless steel, but can be taken care by using glass cleaner or household ammonia. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry. Some new finishes for stainless steel resist fingerprints, really great if you have small children in the house. • Scratch marks. Because of the mirror finish on stainless steel any scratches are very obvious. Check the direction of the scratches – make sure that you rub only in the direction of the scratches. Buff the surface by rubbing it with a non-metallic abrasive pad (like a Scotch Brite pad). Rub down with a soft cloth, inspect and repeat if necessary. Keep warm water away from this process as it may eventually cause rust.