Today, we would be introducing you to another furniture masterpiece; the ball chair. This ball chair has become famous due to its unique spherical design. The ball chair is made of polyurethane and was initially designed in 1963. Since then, the ball chair has been one of the most renowned chair designs. It is not just an attractive piece of design but also a functional addition to many homes and offices due to its ergonomic features and beauty.
What’s the inspiration behind the Ball chair?
The ball chair, also known as the Globe chair or ball arm chair; it was created by a Finnish designer named Eero Aarnio. After starting as a freelancer in the beginning of the 1960s, he was still an unknown designer who dreamt of creating a furniture piece that he would be remembered for. He had always been intrigued by sailing boats and had familiarized himself with a new material called fiberglass. He wondered if he could use this material for furniture. Eero knew that the best form for malleable plastic is curve. But a closed ball would endure almost anything. He found the most practical use for this new material he was working with. The Aarnios also needed a chair at home, which would be large enough for all four of the family [him and his wife Pirkko, and their two daughters], to sit together in. Even though functionality was always his first aim, Eero Aarnio is no ordinary designer. He said to his wife: “I will make a chair that when it is put in a shop window, no one will just walk past it.” He had always loved to provoke emotions and cause a stir with his designs. Continue reading here!
What are the features of the ball chair?
The ball chair can rotate 360 degrees, in a swivel-like manner; which is what gives it its ergonomic character. In addition to rotating smoothly, the ball chair also has an adjustable height lever that allows users to adjust the height of the ball chair according to their personal preferences. The comfort of this ball chair stems from its round contours and high backrest for neck support. Eero Aarnio designed ball chair with a ball on top of a metal frame, which is supported by a round base. The ball itself is made from polyurethane and feels very comfortable due to its ergonomic shape. The ball chair is available in many different colors so that it can suit most preferences and interior designs. Since its launch in 1963, ball chair has been a huge success worldwide and is currently being sold by many different retailers. Continue reading here!
A few movies that used the ball chair…
Aarnio’s plan was to create “a room within a room” when he set about its design and if its striking globe-like appearance was enough to make it one of the coolest pieces of furniture around. Till date, the chair has appeared in Dazed and Confused (1993), The Prisoner TV series (1967-1968), Tommy (1975), and Mars Attacks! (1996).
Who needs the ball chair?
People who experience discomfort after long hours spent sitting in hard-backed traditional office chairs with fixed seats & armrests.
People who want to improve their posture at work.
Those looking relieve stress on their lower back & joints.
People with back or joint problems ball chairs are very expensive, which is the reason you need to be choosy when selecting one for your home.
How to use the ball chair?
The ball chair by Eero Aarnio works by allowing you to sit in an ergonomically correct position, putting less strain on your back. It also helps to improve posture when sitting for long periods of time at a desk or in front of the computer. However, no ball chair will help if it is not used correctly! For this reason, make sure you follow these instructions when using ball chairs:
To start with, choose the right size ball. A ball that is too big will have more surface area touching the floor and may result in you tipping over backwards when seated on it; conversely, choosing one which is too small or under-filled may mean that you are forced into an over-extended posture. Think about this: when sitting on a ball chair, your thighs should be parallel with the floor and your back should be straight. Your head, neck and shoulders should be in line with the rest of your spine; if not, you will feel discomfort!
Make sure that ball chairs are used correctly at home, the office or in the classroom by following these instructions:
a) Sit on ball chair so that it is directly under your pelvis Press feet firmly into ground and tilt pelvis forward to flatten ball against pelvic rim.
b) Allow lower back to gently curve inward while bracing abdominal muscles. Hold position for 30 seconds before slowly returning to start position.
c) To decrease intensity always keep ball close to pelvic rim. To increase intensity, move ball further away from pelvis.
d) Relax ball chair once you have achieved the correct position so that your weight is being distributed evenly between ball and floor. Continue reading here!
twin ball chairs
How much does the ball chair cost?
The ball chair itself depends on where you buy it from; however the ball chair runs around $750-2,000, while some retailers sell ball chairs at inflated prices of around $3,000-$5,000. Here at Regency Shop, it costs about $1,300.
Where can the ball chair be purchased?
At the time of this post, there are a few retailers that sell ball chairs: Alibaba, Amazon, eBay, Craigslist and also here at Regency Shop.
Where can you place the ball chair?
The ball chair is a great accent piece for your interior and especially suitable as an office chair. The ball chair looks good pretty much everywhere, but we would recommend using it under a window or by a table – then you can enjoy the ball chair from different angles at any time of the day. More tips!
What can you pair the ball chair with?
The ball chair could be paired with an ottoman to make an ultra-comfortable seat, or with a desk for the best working conditions. The ball chair is best used in rooms that can appreciate its beauty and novelty, whether it’s placed in an office, living room, den or bedroom.
The ball chair could also be paired with the following types of tables;
- Coffee table
- End table
- Square table
- Dining room table.
ball chair and table
How do you clean and maintain the ball chair?
There are basically two ways to take care of ball chair.
First, you could just use your vacuum cleaner to remove any dust that has settled on the ball chair’s surface.
Second, you can wash it with water and soap. Eero Aarnio ball chair is made from polyurethane and therefore it is very easy to clean.
If the ball chair has been exposed to some dirt and needs cleaning more thoroughly, scrub it with warm soapy water; or you could also use non-abrasive dishwashing liquid mixed with lukewarm water. Rinse off using cold tap water; drip dry.
Can the ball chair be used outdoors?
It’s actually not recommended to place ball chair directly under the sun because it might damage the ball chair’s color. Ball chairs should always be kept away from any heat source… even cigarette butts can burn ball chair material.
If you’re in the market for a new chair, we highly recommend giving the ball chair by Eero Aarnio a try. Not only is it stylish and fun, but it also provides health benefits that traditional chairs can’t beat. Plus, it’s affordable and easy to order online. So what are you waiting for? Buy the ball chair now!
We thought you should also see these:
Eero aarnio ball chair
The ball chair, also known as the Globe chair or ball arm chair; it was created by a Finnish designer named Eero Aarnio. After starting as a freelancer in the beginning of the 1960s, he was still an unknown designer who dreamt of creating a furniture piece that he would be remembered for. He had always been intrigued by sailing boats and had familiarized himself with a new material called fiberglass. He wondered if he could use this material for furniture. Eero knew that the best form for malleable plastic is curve. But a closed ball would endure almost anything. He found the most practical use for this new material he was working with. The Aarnios also needed a chair at home, which would be large enough for all four of the family [him and his wife Pirkko, and their two daughters], to sit together in.
Buy eero aarnio ball chair
You can buy the Eero Aarnio ball chair here at Regency Shop at about $1,300.
Eero aarnio ball chair 1963
The Eero Aarnio ball chair is made of polyurethane and was initially designed in 1963.
Vintage eero aarnio ball chair
The vintage original Ball Chair designed by Eero Aarnio, features red fabric upholstery, and a while exterior. It was produced in the 1960s and it measures 105cm x 98cm x 120cm.They could go for as much as $6,000.
Eero aarnio ball chair dimensions
The dimensions to the original classic measures; 105 cm x 98cm x 120cm.
Eero aarnio ball chair original
The vintage original Ball Chair designed by Eero Aarnio, features red fabric upholstery, and a while exterior. It was produced in the 1960s and it measures 105cm x 98cm x 120cm.They could go for as much as $6,000.
Eero aarnio ball chair replica
The ball chair we have on sale is a replica, but it is made with the best materials. It features an entertaining iconic masterpiece that successfully blends art and science. Embracing design that accommodates privacy and conversation. Sturdy base made from injection-metal. Our replica features;
Durable reinforced fiberglass shell.
Expertly-stitched upholstered high-density comfortable foam.
Luxurious Cashmere Interior NOT cheap fabric.
Thicker Fiberglass than other retailers.
Eero aarnio ball chair with speakers
Some replicas of the ball chair come with stereo speakers and bluetooth connectivity, which makes them the perfect lounging or relaxation spot.
Original eero arnio ball chair for sale
You can buy the Eero Aarnio ball chair here at Regency Shop at about $1,300.
The ball chair by eero aarnio
The ball chair, also known as the Globe chair or ball arm chair; it was created by a Finnish designer named Eero Aarnio. After starting as a freelancer in the beginning of the 1960s, he was still an unknown designer who dreamt of creating a furniture piece that he would be remembered for. He had always been intrigued by sailing boats and had familiarized himself with a new material called fiberglass. He wondered if he could use this material for furniture. Eero knew that the best form for malleable plastic is curve. But a closed ball would endure almost anything. He found the most practical use for this new material he was working with.
1. The chair design was actually conceptualized by the Finnish designer Eero Aarnio while trying to create a new chair for his home. The original handmade prototype of the chair is still at Eero’s home.
2. Two young managers from company Asko who visited Eero to discuss some pine wood furniture spotted the original chair design in 1966. It took some more years before the commercial production began.
3. Aarnio Ball Chair was a rage in those days considering its unique design and fiberglass material used in the production. It was a sensation at Cologne furniture fair in 1966.
4. Built on a metal swiveling base and upholstered with fiberfill, the Ball chair is considered as one of the most remarkable chairs in the history of furniture within the last century.
5. International success of the Ball Chair encouraged the use of fiberglass in the whole range of the furniture items resulting in many more products coming in exquisite architectural designs.
6. Aarnio Ball chair has starred in movies, TV shows, on magazine covers; has been a star attraction at furniture museums and has found a place in every connoisseur’s living room.
7. Sitting in the Ball chair is a unique experience, since all nearby sound and clatter is considerably reduced adding to peace and a sense of privacy.
8. The creator of the Ball chair, Aarnio also has a ball chair with a telephone in it. A number of people get speakers installed in their Ball Chairs.
9. Vivienne Westwood in one of her shows has used the Ball chair. Apart from that, science fiction movies frequently use this Chair including Men in Black. Because of its space age geometric design, it is considered a futuristic chair.
10. The commercial success of these chairs created markets for other Eero products like Pastil Chair, Tomato Chair, Bubble Chair, Parabel Tables, Focus Chair, Mushroom, Screw Tables, Copacabana tables, Tipi etc.
The 1960s famous Eero Aarnio Ball Chair is one of the most recognized pieces of modern furniture today. Form and function playfully meet in Eero’s iconic ball, providing comfort, privacy and security within its cushioned global shell. The geometric shape and 60’s personality allows the Ball Chair to fit equally in a modern home as it does in a retro-modern or retro furnished home. The acoustics of the Eero Aarnio Ball Chair adds to its appeal and sense of privacy. Eero himself put a phone inside his personal Ball Chair. Today, it is more likely that a laptop and cell phone will find its home inside Eero’s Ball Chair. But no matter what technology is used, a quality Ball Chair should be chosen that represents Eero’s authentic modern furniture design. Examining your Bubble Chair for these ten specifications will help you determine whether your Eero Aarnio Ball Chair is a quality purchase for modern furniture enthusiasts:
1) The Eero Aarnio Ball Chair is molded from fiberglass. Inferior copies will be made from PVC or ABS plastic, which are plastics that are softer than fiberglass and don’t hold their form as well.
2) The fiberglass shell on the Ball Chair has a glossy finish – imperative for authentic modern furniture. Quality Ball Chairs are gel-coated, and should have a 5-layer high gloss water-resistant finish. The original Eero Aarnio Ball Chair is not painted because the paint chips off easily, however many ball chairs are found with five or more coats of acrylic paint that are lacquered to a glossy finish to reduce paint chipping.
3) The fiberglass shell and the fiberglass base on the Ball Chair should match. Poor replicas of the Ball Chair, such as the “sphere chair,” will have a polished metal base, or worse, a cement base.
4) The swivel feature is an important feature in Eero Aarnio’s Ball chair. There should be an integrated swivel mechanism, such as an open ball bearing, that permits a 360-degree swivel.
5) The base of Eero’s Ball Chair is flat, with a slight curve, not thick and rounded. There should be only a small height difference between the base of the pedestal and the bottom of the chair. An easy way to judge a poor replica is to look at the height between the base of the pedestal and the bottom of the chair. A longer stem detracts from its significant geometric stature that makes it a sculptural work of art.
6) The upholstery inside the shell of the chair is divided into five sections. Many poor replicas have the upholstery divided into smaller sections. The cushion is typically a dense foam or fiberfill, cheap leather upholstery is frowned upon.
7) Inside the Ball Chair, there should be a quality foam cushion of high density along with the upholstered and cushioned interior. This cushion should be removable, and should provide a seat and a back. It should have the appearance of a lounge cushion rather than a mere seat cushion.
8) The fabric upholstered on the Eero Aarnio’s Ball Chair should be a quality wool blend, preferably a 100% wool blend or virgin wool woven fabric. However, today’s wide array of fabrics allows for a multitude of fabric choices, and comfort is always the primary concern.
9) The original color of Eero’s Ball Chair was red, and a white and red, white and black, or white and orange themes are closest to the original manufactured Ball Chairs. The color chosen should coincide with the surrounding modern furniture pieces and the scheme of the interior design. Today’s color selections are as varied as fabric selections.
10) When the Ball Chair is angled it should fit through a standard door. The measurements are around 47 to 48 inches high (120cm), 41 to 42 inches wide (105cm), and around 39” deep (99cm).
Eero Aarnio’s Ball Chair is the most thoroughly enjoyed piece of modern furniture wherever there is a desire for privacy, comfort, a sculptural statement, or a truly modern or retro iconic interior design. The popularity of the Ball Chair has resulted in many poor replicas, however by examining the ten tips listed above, you’ll be sure to buy a quality Eero Aarnio designer Ball Chair that will be the center of attention within your modern home furniture collection.
1. The chair has been manufactured by a truly global brand name, reputed for producing classic design furniture using best of the available material. Yes! You own a world-renowned chair. That gives a feeling of satisfaction and pleasure that can’t be expressed in words. You love this feeling.
2. Aarnio Ball Chair is a piece of art, for the lovers of art and by the lovers of art. It’s a piece of elegant architectural beauty. Anybody will fall in love for it. Who’s that anybody? Well, the one who is a true connoisseur of art! Now that puts you totally in a different league. How does that feel? Lovely!
3. The Ball chair is a status symbol. It tells about the tastes and preferences of the owner. Presence of the chair ensures that the owner is a sophisticated, articulate and refined person who has an eye for the art. That doesn’t make you a snob.
4. It has been designed to provide the maximum comfort and customized specifically with the objective of giving you your very own space for relaxing. Yes! You are bound to love it. It’s a God sent gift to laze around. Have a little nap! Small naps keep one wonderfully fresh.
5. With a comfy and peaceful ambiance that shields from the outside bellow the Ball Chair – or Globe Chair as it’s called sometimes is a “room within a room”. Its like having your own private luxury suite.
6. Aarnio Ball Chair can be placed anywhere in the house and adds to the beauty of the room with its contemporary looks and space age design. Well, Mona Lisa on the wall will be feeling ignored!
7. The Ball chair has been a star among stars. Even in the presence of well-known star celebrities, the chair has left its impact in movies and TV shows, without even moving a muscle!
8. The metal swiveling base allows the movement in any direction and fiber filled upholstery provides the maximum comfort.
9. The fiberglass used in building the body of the chair ensures superior quality and a longer life of the chair. Add to that the eye-catching colors and design, the geometric shape, all in all make it a futuristic chair.
10. Most importantly, the best thing to love about Aarnio Ball Chair is that it’s my choice! Something that I have chosen is definitely the best in the market. Experts and critics of the furniture won’t disagree with me because every art lover or collector knows, beauty when they see it!
Now that you have your Aarnio Ball Chair perfectly placed in your home and you are experiencing the plush and cozy settings of your new possession. Now, how about a nice, warm cup of cappuccino? I know that’s exactly what you were thinking. Add to that your favorite magazine. Now that sounds like heaven! Relaxing in your chair, reading what you like the most and sipping your coffee. Coffee bring in the interesting and rather puzzling need for a coffee table.
Obviously, it should go well with your Aarnio BallChair, matching style for style, elegance for elegance, beauty for beauty and strength for strength. The apposite touch of class in the coffee table draws attention to your living place’s interior décor. Highlight the contemporary looks of your home with fantastic and practical modern designs ideal for your living place. Achieve aristocratic appeal with the poised accent of fiberglass to find the ideal mate for your Ball Chair.
1. First option that comes to mind is the Screw Table from Aarnio. Well, they made your favorite chair so they understand what will you like. They understand what a connoisseur like you would prefer with the Ball Chair. Just have a look at the Screw Table! It is another masterpiece, a piece of art and absolutely fitting coffee table for your aesthetically planned room. Its futuristic design and beautiful colors make it a bright eye-catcher in every place.
2. If you are looking for something in white, then you don’t have many options. The Parabel Tables again from Aarnio comes as the perfect soul mate for your Ball Chair. Made of fiberglass and giving the looks of an architectural sculpture that display your sense of taste and distinctive home style.
3. Space could be a problem that might be holding you from buying this convenience for you. Want something that can have greater utility and fits in small areas as well? Yes, we have the solution…go in for the Mushroom table again from Aarnio. These can be used as stools for sitting and as small coffee tables as well. With beautiful and vibrant colors, they glow up your house.
4. In case, you have placed your Aarnio Ball Chair outdoors, then Copacabana Tables can play the perfect foil for this piece of art. These tables also have multiple utilities and can be used outdoors as well… like a table or like a small bench.
5. There is another masterpiece coming from Eero Saarinen, the tulip table. Look out for the Tulip range. The sleek, stylish pedestals, looking like stem and having natural shapes typifies these tables. It is graceful and convenient, a tribute to your living room! Wait until someone calls your home decor a work of art in itself.
All these contemporary coffee tables have been inspired from the art and technology. They are the forerunners of the fashion trends in furniture. With any of these coffee tables, you would be able to impress your guests while enjoying them for years to come. Ok, I think, it is time for me to join you for coffee!
The ball chair , also referred to as the globe chair, was designed by Eero Aarnio in 1966. The chair made its first appearance at the International Furniture Fair in Cologne and continues to wow people because of its quality and design. Thinking about purchasing a ball chair ? Here are some qualities that make the ball chair one that’s definitely worth considering.
• The ball chair is ultra comfortable! The inside of the chair is fully cushioned. The seat has an additional cushion that can be removed. Because of its warmth and coziness, it has been referred to as a “room within a room”.
• The interior provides spacious room. You can sit with your legs folded underneath you, read a good book, chat on your cell phone, or use your laptop. There’s plenty of room.
• The outside of the ball chair , the shell, is made from molded fiberglass. The shell is extremely durable and of high quality. Although the shell color can be customized, white and black continue to be the most popular colors.
• Wondering how sturdy the ball chair is? Weighing a little over 100 pounds, the chair is extremely sturdy. No need to be cautious sitting in the chair, or concerned about a small child jumping into the chair–it’s not going anywhere! • The ball chair is fully rotational. It has a smooth ball-bearing axis which allows a person to easily rotate and face in whatever direction he/she chooses. This is a fun feature if there’s a lot of activity in a room. With just moving your feet, you can watch TV, join in on a conversation, or face the wall to read a few pages of a great book. • The upholstery is of high-end as well. There’s a choice of imported wool fabric, leather, etc. The fabric comes in a wide variety of colors, from a bright pink to black. • Given it’s simplistic, yet amazing shape, the chair is a home interior’s dream chair! There are so many great options for coffee tables, lights, window treatments, etc. to enhance the look of the ball chair. • Because the ball chair is highly regarded, it’s a great investment. If there’s a need to resell the chair, you should be able to sell it close to your purchasing price. • A fun feature of the ball chair is the optional built-in sound system. The surround sound allows you to thoroughly enjoy your favorite music or book on tape, while blocking everyday sounds. Imagine 15-20 minutes of uninterrupted relaxation and music! • A matching ottoman is also an option. If you like sitting with your feet propped up, then the ottoman is the way to go. The ottoman’s cushion matches the chair’s cushion and the base is the same color as the chair shell. If you are looking for a top of the line, uniquely designed chair, then the Eero Aarnio ball chair may just be that chair! It’s quality is remarkable and the options of where to place the chair are numerous.
How exciting! You own a ball chair ! With proper care and maintenance, your ball chair will last for many years and provide you with endless hours of comfort. Follow these tips in caring for your chair. • For the fiberglass shell, most of the time you can simply wipe it in a circular motion with a soft cloth to keep the dust from building up. Every few months use a mixture of mild soap and water. Be sure to use a soft cloth to wash the shell with. Rinse the cloth out under warm water and wipe the chair. • Use a handheld vacuum to clean the upholstery. This should be done at least twice a month to ensure that dust mites, hair, etc. aren’t building up. Pull the cushion out and clean underneath. • If the cushion becomes stained, remove the cushion from the chair. On the underside, test your cleaning supply in a small area to make sure it is safe for the cushion. The solution shouldn’t leave a dark spot nor fade the fabric. If it is safe, follow the directions on the can or bottle. Allow the cushion to thoroughly dry before placing it back in the chair.
• It’s wise to make sure that your ball chair isn’t rubbing against the wall or a table. This could possibly mar the chair. If that happens, use a cleaning eraser on the chair.
• If the interior of the chair is leather, find out if it’s waterproof. If the leather isn’t waterproof, you may want to have it professionally waterproofed to help prolong the life of the leather. Leather can we cleaned with mild soap and water as well. Be sure to wipe the leather dry. • Clean the base of the chair the same way as you clean the shell. If there are scuff marks from shoes, use the cleaning eraser.
• If you have a pillow and/or a lap throw in the chair , be sure to keep them clean as well. Especially check the lap throw from time to time if you have little children. You don’t want something sticky on the throw to cause a mess for the chair.
• Be cautious about open windows. The shell of your chair can easily be wiped off, but if the cushion becomes wet from rain, it might leave spots. • Consider hiring a professional upholstery cleaner to clean your chair annually. Also, if there is a stain that isn’t easily removed with your cleaner, then let the professional take care of it. Extra scrubbing could permanently damage the chair. • If you have a matching ottoman, apply the same techniques to the ottoman as to the chair. You may need to use a cleaning supply for the cushion more often. Also, to help keep the cushion in good condition, avoid wearing shoes.
By routinely cleaning and maintaining your ball chair , the chair will last for many years and give you great joy. When in doubt, consult with a professional.
Have you recently purchased an eero aarnio ball chair for your home or office? Choosing a light that complements the ball chair is key. You need to take in consideration if you want a wall, ceiling, table or floor light. How modern of a look are you after? Here are ten great choices that will enhance any room that has a ball chair in it.
• Dual globe table light. Planning on reading as you enjoy your ball chair ? A dual globe table light is ideal. It can be placed on a small table or stand near the chair. Because the globe shades and the ball chair are the same shape, it pulls the room setting together. For added fun, purchase round globe shades that match the fabric of your ball chair .
• Glass chandelier. If your ball chair has a white exterior, consider a light that has a milk glass globe. Since the ball chair has a retro feel to it, adding a simple chandelier to the room gives a fun, yet elegant look. • Smart green cube lamps. “Go green” and experience cube lamps. These lights are 14″x14″ and can be placed anywhere. Use them on a bookcase, a coffee table or set one on the floor. Imagine sitting in your “surround sound” ball chair, listening to a great song, while enjoying the glow of these cube lamps. • Kenya floor lamp. Rather than using a ceiling light or table top light, consider a floor lamp. This lamp has a long cylinder white cotton shade. It will enhance the look of any ball chair. • Galaxy lights. For the ultimate escape, add galaxy lights. The lights have the appearance of being suspended in air! Built similar to a mobile, each grouping contains 4 or 6 uniquely shaped lights. Hang one or two groupings in the room. • Suspension pendant light. This ribbon bow-like hanging light is a lot of fun! It comes in several colors, so match it to the fabric of your ball chair. Together, the light and chair will look absolutely stunning! • Geometric pendant light. Any ball chair would look great with this modern, molecular shaped chandelier! The shields are a frosted white. • Artemide cabildo light. These horizontal oval shaped lights are spectacular! They are made to suspend from the ceiling or be mounted onto the wall. Each light is made out of die-cast aluminum with a painted white finish. Use a few in the room. • Water moon lights. If your ball chair is in your bedroom, consider purchasing three water moon lights. These round lights stay charged for eight hours and are very romantic! • Uno alien wall light. For an ultra modern room appeal, use a couple of these “spacey” shaped wall lights. Your family and friends will definitely feel like they stepped into the future. As you can see, choosing the right lighting for your chair can be just as much fun and just as important as the decision made in purchasing your eero aarnio ball chair. Decide what kind of statement you want the room to make–the right light is out there.
The eero aarnio ball chair , also known as the globe chair, truly is an unconventional chair! In 1966, the ball chair made its debut at the International Furniture Fair in Cologne and became an instant hit. Here are some tips to consider while purchasing your eero aarnio ball chair .
• Determine where you want to place your ball chair . The chair offers privacy and relaxation. It would be a great chair to have in an office or in a tranquil room. Imagine taking a ten minute break and just being able to enjoy the comfort of the plush seating.
• Once you know which room you want to put your ball chair, choose a color. The ball chair comes in all sorts of colors for the cushions, including bright green, orange, blue or red. The exterior typically comes in white or black. • Are you looking to purchase a high-quality redesign or are you hoping to find a cheap repro? Keep in mind that anything less than a high-quality redesign will have very little resale value. • Shop around. It’s easy to purchase a ball chair on line, but you might prefer actually going to a store and choosing your ball chair. Regardless of where you purchase it, be sure to find out the total cost, such as tax, delivery fee, etc. • One thing to consider is whether you want to purchase new or used. Used ball chairs are on the market from time to time. Be sure to ask for a detailed description before purchasing a used chair. You don’t want to be disappointed by a small scratch, stain or a dent. • When purchasing a new ball chair, find out what the return policy is. Some places will only allow you to make an exchange, while other places will give you a full refund, no questions asked. • Do you enjoy being surrounded by music? Consider purchasing a ball chair with a built in sound system. Does your room have a great outside view? Place the chair where you can look outside your window as you listen to your favorite tunes. • For the ultimate relaxing chair, purchase a matching ottoman. The ottoman’s base is the same white or black as the outside of the chair and comes with a matching cushion. • The ball chair has been referred to as a “room within a room”. It easily swivels, thus providing you with additional privacy. With that in mind, you’ll want to have enough space so that you’re able to swivel. In other words, the chair works best in an open area, rather than near a wall. • Because the ball chair is modern with a retro flare, consider what other furniture you want to use in the room. Ideally, all the furniture should be contemporary in nature. Have fun choosing your eero aarnio ball chair! It will certainly be a conversational piece and a great investment. You’ll get years and years of satisfaction from it as well.
You’ve picked it out, chosen its colors, sat down inside of it to test its comfort… and you’ve come to love its retro, space-age style: now, you’ve brought it home and you aren’t sure where to place it in your room! We can help…we’ve got lots of experience guiding clients who want to add to their décor with functional, fun furniture that evokes the best spirit of art and design. The Aarnio ball is a wonder: its shiny fiberglass pod holds a soft, plush poly-cotton interior that cocoons you in comfort! You can curl up in your own, private space inside this whimsical, futuristic chair, and enjoy its uniqueness over and over again.
The Aarnio ball chair comes in so many color combinations: now that you’ve chosen the shades that work best for your room, you can use these tips to optimize the impact of this classic reproduction: Remember, furniture this bold and iconic needs to be on full display! You’ve been wise enough to choose something that will always be a showpiece, garnering many questions from friends who will all enjoy trying out the Aarnio for themselves. Like a piece of sculpture, its round shape evokes discussion and enjoyment. Here are some tips on choosing just the right spot for your Aarnio Ball Chair
1.) An Eero Aarnio Ball Chair will work beautifully in an open plan living room, or any room where there is a lot of space and light. If you place it near a window, where the sunlight will glint on the smooth, gel-coated fiberglass pod, it will highlight its smooth and shiny surface. Just remember that upholstery fades in direct sunlight, and turn the chair so that the interior is not in direct light.
2.) If you are thinking about placing your Aarnio in a den or smaller space, make sure to place the chair in a corner with its interior facing outwards. Highlight the chair while utilizing space as best you can, and keep surroundings simple to really focus on your showpiece.
3.) An Aarnio Ball Chair can really add some style to a bedroom. If your room is large enough, consider using it as a really cool reading chair, your own private spot to unwind with a good book before turning in for the night. A pendant lamp could be hung above the chair’s interior to maximize reading light: keep any lighting and bedding sleek and modern to achieve a coherent look for your bedroom.
4.) Placing your chair in a kitchen or dining room may not be optimal, but it can be done if space permits. Many modern kitchens will mesh well as sleek lines, stainless steel appliances, and smooth woods cabinets will all look great with the chair’s retro-futuristic style. You could even use an element of kitsch in your design, collecting interesting framed posters from vintage films (sci-fi would be best) and other objects that evoke the chair’s spirit. You could put an Aarnio in the corner of your kitchen, and build your entire room around it. Since you spend so much time there, why not enjoy it?
5.) You Aarnio will always work well in a larger space, where people will stand back and admire its curving shape, as would art in a gallery. When placing your chair, think of larger spaces first, and try the chair out in various places in the room. Pay attention to the color of the walls, and flooring. Even if you end up putting your chair in a small space, it will always command attention and give you great pleasure.
We hope you’ve learned some useful tips for placing your chair in a room. You’ve chosen a classic piece of furniture, and it should be displayed to great advantage. Take advantage of space, color and light when placing your chair, and you can’t go wrong!