A hanging bubble chair is an ideal spot to read a great book! You can gently sway as you read, you can curl up, or you can twirl. Encourage your child to grab one of these great children's classics and read it as he or she enjoys the bubble chair . Since they're classics, you might want to reread one as well! Enjoy!
• The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This classic would be especially fun to read if your bubble chair is actually located in an indoor or outdoor garden! In the story, a young girl Mary is sent to live with her uncle in England. She discovers a garden that no one has been allowed to enter. Along with two others, they work to restore the garden with the hopes of being restored themselves.
• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. Remember this classic? Charlie, a poor boy, wins a ticket to tour Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Because he's the only child who behaves on the tour, he receives a reward beyond his wildest dreams! Encourage your child to read the book and "reward" him/her with a chocolate bar afterwards!
• The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Your child will spend hours in the bubble chair reading about the encounters that Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf and dwarves encounter with a dragon, trolls, giant spiders and goblins!
• The Little Prince by Antonie de Saint-Exupery. Written in the 1940s, a young boy visits other worlds, including Earth. He tells the pilot of his visits and the people he meets. What makes this story interesting is that it's appreciated on different levels--a teen will get something out of it much different than a little child.
• Grimms Fairy Tales, collected by Jacob and Wilhem Grimm. What is your favorite fairy tale? Hansel and Gretel? Cinderella? Little Red Riding Hood? Snow White? Provide a fun snack that ties in with a fairy tale (i.e. apple/Snow White) and as your child reads from the bubble chair, (s)he can enjoy the snack. Be sure to discuss the fairy tale afterwards.
• The Winnie the Pooh Stories by A.A. Milne. Place a stuffed winnie-the-pooh bear in the bubble chair. If the chair is located outside, tie a kite to the chair! Your child will thoroughly enjoy reading any Pooh story from the chair. Who can resist Tigger, Piglet and the other fun characters?
• Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. This story is a great one to discuss with your kids as they read about Charlotte, an intelligent spider, saving a pig, Wilbur, from being slaughtered.
• Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. Remember as a kid reading underneath the blanket with a flashlight? Let your child have a similar experience! Place a lap throw and a flashlight in the bubble chair, along with the Peter Pan book. Your child will love visualizing the scenes!
• Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Accessorize your bubble chair with a stuffed rabbit. On a table next to the chair, place a cup and saucer with punch, a small plate of cookies, and a clock! Your child will love escaping into Alice's world!
• The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. Within the first few pages, kids are enthralled with the writings about the world of wizards!
So go ahead and grab a great classic, provide a fun prop, and encourage your child to hang out and read in the bubble chair !