If you want to take the comfort of your home to the outside then consider buying bar stools specially designed to be used on the patio or in the backyard. There are things to consider when buying outdoor bar stools as they are often different from traditional indoor stools.
- Weather Resistant: since the stools will be outside they must be able to stand up to the elements. During the summer months it rains quite often and unless you want to be continuously moving your bar stools inside each time it rains you need to find a good stool that repels the weather.
- Comfort: If you are planning to entertain outside it is key that you find the most comfortable barstool on the market. There are barstools that have padding and cushions to keep you relaxed and happy for a long period of time. The stool should also have a high back that allows people to sit back and relax.
- Colourful: A great way to liven up your backyard is to find a fun colourful barstool that makes you and your guests want to sit outside and enjoy the weather.
- Wooden stools: if you are purchasing wooden bar stools for your outdoor bar it is important that they have some sort of protective coating that enables them to withstand the rain, sun, heat and wind.
- Metal Stools: always keep in mind that these stools will be outside throughout the day and therefore they will heat up. Therefore when buying metal barstools you should always purchase some sort of cushion or upholstery to ensure that you are in fact able to sit on the stool.
- Height: when looking for bar stools to go with your outdoor bar or patio furniture, you must ensure that the height of the stool matches the height of the bar. You should also ensure that it matches and looks good with the rest of the outdoor furniture that you have.
- Footrest: If you plan to do a lot of entertaining then always looks for barstools that have a footrest. Making sure that your feet won’t dangle or hang down will also add to the comfort level of the stool.
- Protection: If you are unable to store the bar stools inside during the winter months, it is important to find some sort of protective cover. This will ensure that you won’t need to replace your barstools each spring.
- Less is more: People always think that they need to spend a great deal of money on their barstools but less is often more and going for a laid back, relaxing feeling will make people want to spend all of their time outside on the patio or at the bar.
Shop around: always compare prices of stools and ensure that you are getting the best value for your money. Paying more doesn’t always mean that you are getting the best bar stool .